We are looking for a professional, experienced freelance academic proofreader to join our team starting Monday 29th April.
Academic Proofreading Services Ltd. provides proofreading services to academic researchers and businesses across the globe and we are looking for candidates who are confident and capable of working at an extremely high level of academia across multiple disciplines including both the physical and social sciences.
As a freelance proofreader with Academic Proofreading Services Ltd.you will need tohave the following skills:
- Excellent written English language skills;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and work efficiently and consistently;
- Ability to understand complex academic writing in multiple disciplines;
- Good time management skills;
- Work on own initiative to research terms and provide insightful comments;
- Ability to write clear and concise copy;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and other editing software where appropriate (training given on the latter);
- Access to high-speed Internet, laptop/PC with MS Word 2013 or 2016 and smartphone with roaming data;
- Willingness to undertake training and apply feedback from Quality Assurance department and abide by our data privacy policies.
If you would like to apply, please forward your CV with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header ‘PROOFREADER VACANCY’ by 8am (BST) on Saturday 20th April. Please ensure you include the following information:
- Your motivation for applying;
- Your relevant experience;
- Your highest level of academic qualifications;
- The approximate number hours you are looking to work per week (please note we base our fees on words completed rather than an hourly rate and we require a minimum of 15,000 words per week in the weeks you have elected to work);
- The time zone you would be working from (please note that we can only accept applications from candidates working from time zones at a maximum of 3 hours plus or minus of GMT).
If you have not received a confirmation email from us by 2pm (BST) on Tuesday 23rd April, please assume you were not selected to continue the application process.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.