We are looking for a professional, experienced freelance academic proofreader to join our team starting Monday 9th March.
Academic Proofreading Services Ltd. provides proofreading services to academic researchers and businesses across the globe and we are looking for candidates who are confident and capable of working at an extremely high level of academia across multiple disciplines including both the physical and social sciences.
As a freelance proofreader with Academic Proofreading Services Ltd. you will need to have the following skills:
- Excellent written English-language skills and English as your mother tongue;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and work efficiently and consistently;
- Ability to understand the linguistics of complex academic writing in BOTH the physical and social science disciplines;
- Good time management skills;
- Work on own initiative to research terms and provide insightful comments;
- Ability to write clear and concise copy;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and other editing software where appropriate (training given on the latter);
- Access to high-speed Internet, laptop/PC with minimum Microsoft Office 2016 and the most recent version of the Mac or Android OS, and smartphone with roaming data;
- Willingness to undertake Quality Assurance duties on a rotational basis;
- Willingness to undertake training and apply feedback from Quality Assurance management and abide by our data privacy policies.
If you would like to apply, please forward your CV with a covering email to email@example.com with the header ‘PROOFREADER VACANCY’ by 8am (GMT) on Saturday 28th February. Please ensure you include the following information:
- Your motivation for applying;
- Your relevant experience;
- Your highest level of academic qualifications;
- The approximate number hours you are looking to work per week (please note: fees are based on words completed rather than an hourly rate and you will need to be able to accept up to the minimum of 20,000 words per week on the weeks you have elected to work);
- The time zone you would be working from (please note: we can only accept applications from candidates working from time zones at a maximum of 3 hours plus or minus of GMT).
If you have not received a confirmation email from us by 2pm (GMT) on Tuesday 3rd March, please assume you were not selected to continue the application process.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.